Our Practice Philosophy:
“We aim to treat every patient with the respect and attention they deserve, ensuring we provide an exceptional quality of dental care and personal service, so that every patient is delighted with their unique smile and the power it beholds.”
The practice is a family-run business, owned and operated by Dr Robert Dorrington, with his wife Dr Caroline Culshaw and Robert’s brother, Dr Ian Dorrington. The three partners are Principals of the practice and are supported by Ian’s wife, Karen Dorrington, who ensures the practice runs smoothly. We have a team of enthusiastic Dental Care Professionals to assist us in achieving our Practice Philosophy, including Dental Therapists and Hygienists.
GDC no. 73425
Caroline graduated from Liverpool University Dental Hospital in 1997 and spent the first eight years of her career practicing general dentistry in the Rossendale Valley.
Caroline is a Fellow member of the Faculty of General Dental Practitioners at the Royal College of Surgeons, having passed the MJDF examination process. She has successfully completed a twelve-month Advanced Restorative Dental course tutored by the UK’s leading Cosmetic Dental Surgeon.
Caroline is always looking to learn new techniques in order to offer her patients the very latest in dental technology.
She is particularly enjoying making porcelain CEREC 3D crowns and veneers in surgery for her patients within about an hour.
It is a break-through treatment that provides fantastic results transforming patients’ smiles every time, which is why Caroline always wanted to be a Dentist.
Family life is very important to Caroline, who is wife to Robert and Mother to two daughters.
She also loves classical music, she plays the violin and enjoys creating beautiful arts and crafts as well as growing her own organic fruit and vegetables.
GDC no. 73427
Robert graduated from Liverpool University Dental Hospital in 1997 and began his dental career gaining experience across the breadth of general dentistry as a General Dental Practitioner in Blackburn. He then focussed more specifically on training in the art of complex crown and bridgework and the restoration of dental implants at Blackburn Royal Infirmary.
He is always challenging himself to develop new skills and has taken a particular interest in Dental Implantology, in which he has a Post Graduate Diploma.
He has presented at the annual ADI Forum at King’s College London, as well as presenting he enjoys mentoring new Dental Implantology students and is a member of the Association of Dental Implantology.
Robert has a diploma of membership of the Joint Dental faculties at the Royal College of Surgeons. In addition to his enthusiasm for dental implants, Rob has spent many years straightening both children and adults’ teeth using ceramic, metal and invisible braces. He is a proud member of the British Orthodontic Society.
Husband to Caroline and Father to two daughters, Robert loves spending time with his family.
He is also a keen sportsman, enjoying all sports. Robert is captain of a local football league team and a member of Rochdale Golf Club.
GDC no. 76432
Ian graduated from Newcastle-Upon-Tyne University in 1999, with merits in Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine and Oral Pathology.
After nearly four years practicing General Dentistry in the Rossendale Valley, he began focusing on Orthodontics.
Ian is a certified clinician in the ground-breaking provision of Invisalign invisible braces and is a member of the British Orthodontic Society.
He has also completed numerous other courses and gained considerable orthodontic experience during positions at Blackburn Royal Infirmary and at a specialist orthodontic centre.
He is enthusiastic about all aspects of dentistry, but also gains particular satisfaction from helping his patients look years younger by smoothing fine lines and wrinkles.
Ian is a dedicated family man, married to Karen, Business Manager, and Father of four children.
In his free time he enjoys playing golf and is a member of Rochdale Gold Club, as well as playing five-a-side football. He is also a Coach for Pennine Juniors Football Club.
Having achieved a Bachelor of Arts degree with First Class Honours, Karen has gained her business experience across a breadth of sectors from fast moving consumer goods to media and education before becoming the Business Manager for Inglewood House Dental Practice.
Karen is responsible for bringing the clinical and administrative elements of the practice together, whilst incorporating her public relations and marketing expertise to create our dynamic dental experience.
Karen is married to Ian, and as the Mother of four children, Karen splits her working week across offices at home and the practice.
The partners are members of many professional organisations, including:
- Care Quality Commission www.cqc.org.uk
- British Dental Association www.bda.org
- General Dental Council www.gdc-uk.org
- British Orthodontic Society www.bos.org.uk
- Association for Dental Implantology www.adi.org.uk
- Association of Facial Aesthetics www.the-face.co.uk
At Inglewood House Dental Practice, we take infection control and the safety of our staff and patients very seriously. We are fully compliant with the Care Quality Commission’s regulations and our registration no. is CRM ID:1-152981404.
We value our patient’s feedback and routinely carry out surveys to understand how our patients feel we are performing and what we could do better. We take complaints very seriously and always endeavour to learn from any such matter.
Inglewood House Code of Practice for Patient Complaints
In this practice we take complaints very seriously indeed and try to ensure that all patients are pleased with their experience of our service. When patients complain, they are dealt with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible.
This procedure is based on these objectives. Our aim is to react to complaints in the way in which we would want our compliant about a service to be handled. We learn from every mistake that we make and we respond to customers’ concerns in a caring and sensitive way.
- The person responsible for dealing with any complaint about the service which we provide is Karen Dorrington, Business Manager. If the complaint cannot be rectified by Karen Dorrington, she will enlist the assistance of one of the partners.
- If a patient complains on the telephone or at the reception desk, we will listen to their complaint and where possible the matter will be rectified by the staff member assisting the patient, with advice from Stephanie Marrison. However, if this is not possible the patient will be referred to Karen Dorrington. The patient will be told when they can expect to be contacted by Karen and they will be asked if they are happy to discuss the matter over the phone. If not then postal communication will be used. The member of staff will take brief details of the complaint and pass them on to Karen Dorrington.
- If the patient complains in writing the letter will be passed on immediately to Karen Dorrington
- If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges it will normally be referred to the dentist, unless the patient does not want this to happen.
- We will acknowledge the patients compliant by telephone within three working days or in writing enclosing a copy of this code of practice within five working days or as soon after that as possible. We will seek to investigate the complaint within ten working days of receipt to give an explanation of the circumstances which led to the complaint. If the patient does not wish to meet us, then we will attempt to talk to them on the telephone. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within ten working days we will notify the patient, giving reasons for the delay and a likely period within which the investigation will be completed.
- We will confirm the decision about the complaint in writing immediately after completing our investigation.
- Proper and comprehensive records are kept of any complaint received.
- If patients are not satisfied with the results of our procedure then a complaint may be made to:
- The Dental Complaints Service (08456 120 540) for complaints about private treatment
- The General Dental Council, 37 Wimpole Street, London, W1M 89DQ (the dentists registration body)
- Primary Care Support, 3 Piccadilly Place, London Road, Manchester, M1 3BN for complaints about NHS treatment
- The Healthcare Commission, Finsbury Tower, 103-105 Bunhil Row, London EC1Y 8TG (www.healthcarecommission.org.uk)